“We have bought a good many mares and fillies in UK and Ireland with David Allan over the years with good results. Often we cannot be there and we know he is highly selective and communicates clearly, rejecting many more than he recommends and working hard to fit our budgets and preferences. His management service in UK and Ireland after purchase whether shot or longer term is especially helpful”
- Ashley Parker, Co-Owner, Ascot Stud
- Peter Gibson CEO - Racing South Africa Representing the SA Equine Trade Council
– Susan Cunningham, Hintlesham Racing Partner – 30th September 2017
"David sent me horses as soon as I came back from Hong Kong. Nearly all of them have won including several good multiple winners from the Allan Bloodlines' selections. Having them acting as racing managers makes for very good communication and planning which helps a lot."
“I always find your reports very interesting and informative, especially for a non-expert like me”
- Bob Searles, partner in Hintlesham Racing’s ICE LORD
“He has found so many multiple winners and dams of winners at reasonable budgets”
- John Hancock, doyen of the bloodstock insurance industry
- John Koster, Klawervlei Stud (PTY) Ltd
- Dwayne Woods, Bloodstock Adviser and co-owner Brook Stud
"Longstanding supporter of South African breeding and racing, David Allan bought the joint second top-priced mare at R360,000 – Lot 75, the Australian imported daughter of Danehill Dancer and a full-sister to Stakes winners Queen Mira and Umgiyo; the latter placed in the Gr.2 Dubai City of Gold Stakes for Mike de Kock"
- EBN Today reporting on the Bloodstock South Africa Cape Mare Sale 19th May 2016
- Michael Van Blerk, Chairman, Mashonaland Turf Club
"I have enjoyed over ten years of exciting race-going as a member of Hintlesham Thoroughbreds. We are a group of friendly people who share all of the benefits of ownership - visiting stables, meeting trainers, with prize money share and excellent communications. All at modest cost. I highly recommend the experience."
"I like how you are promoting our horses, it's great for our country"
- Ash Maharaj - SA Horseracing.com