More where she came from
Allan Bloodlines yearling purchase LAUDERDALE, a filly by ELUSIVE FORT, starred this afternoon at Greyville winning a Group 1 for 2 year old fillies. congratulations to Owner Brian Burnard, trainer Duncan Howells, rider Muzi Yeni and breeder Dr Jim Antrobus.
Bought on spec at the CTS Book 2 Yearling Sale, the smart filly was prepared for our own account for consignment at the Ready to Run Sale per Balmoral Stud where she made nearly 6 times her R 40,000 yearling price.
This year’s Allan Bloodlines just-turned 2 year old selections (all having high class mating ratings as well as being good individuals) include:
FOR READY TO RUN / BREEZE UP SALES IN OCT/NOV
– filly by COUNT DUBOIS (sire of recent Gr1 winner FRENCH NAVY…if they are good they are very good) qualified for the CTS US$1million races “neat, well balanced, nice page, walks for South Africa”
– filly by WARM WHITE NIGHT (“hot” first crop sire) “racy, early sort, not expensive”
– filly by BLACK MINNALOUSHE (perennial stakes sire) “strong, impressive ex Darshaan mare who has many Gr1 horses on her page and is dam of black type”
– colt by DUPONT (seriously under-rated) “well grown very athletic brother to 3 winners)
– colt by GITANO HERNANDO (double international Gr1 winner bred like SILVANO) “stunning looking, athletic colt”
– colt by ALADO (some Stakes 2yos but mostly quality 3yos) “another BALTIC AMBER who is potentially high class”
– colt by ROCK OF ROCHELLE (had his first winner and should sire good 3yos) “from one of the fastest SA families”
TO TRAIN – LOOKING FOR RACING PARTNERS
– filly by HORSE CHESTNUT (consistently prolific sire of winners including top class) “quality oozes from this filly”
– filly by ORACY (would never be a sire of 2yos/sprinters as a son of ZABEEL – but we have bred well by him) “bred from a good mare whose first foal is a winner, to be trained as a 3yo”